Saturday, September 29, 2007

Introduction

Like all good beginnings, I would like to introduce myself and my work. I am a Master's student in Cell and Molecular Biology, and am also currently doing a certificate program in Biotechnology. My undergraduate degree was in Dentistry. After completion of my Dental degree from SRMC & RI, I came to California, where I completed one year of Post-baccalaureate studies in Cell and Molecular Biology. On completion of the above, I was fortunate enough to be accepted into the Master's program at Cal State, East Bay, which brings us up to date.

My Mentor: Every person has an idol, a guru, and mine is Professor Chris Baysdorfer. An untiring perfectionist, his ability to go from class to class and from topic to topic leaves all of us amazed.

In the subsequent posts, I will try to put my experiences, projects and reviews online. Since I am currently taking the following four courses, my posts in the next few months will cover these topics mostly.

Courses lined up:
PCR, DNA seqencing and Fragment analysis
Cell and Molecular Biology
Bioinformatics
Molecular Biology Seminar

No comments: